Monday, March 12, 2012

thoughts at 1:46 am



Last week was filled with stress and worry for me. With midterms, commuting from school/home/work, being sick a lot, and trying to balance a social life I was almost spent and was solely focusing on things that I thought were of the utmost importance at the time. But really all of those things are secondary at best. God has been showing me some amazing truths  as of late that I need to apply to my life and that I fall short on WAY too often.

 School is important for getting the grades and working toward a degree (Phys. Ed w/ a Minor in Religious Studies to be exact) but that isn't the whole picture, only a piece in Gods will for our lives. In the last semester and a half I have grown so much closer to my Savior and have worked out so many issues that I didn't even realize that I was dealing with when I came to college. My daily time with Him in prayer, as well as in fellowship with others, has changed my life tremendously. I had so easily gotten into the habit of telling God only what I thought He wanted to hear, rather than the necessary depth that our relationship yearned for. I constantly struggle most in the presence of God Himself, strange right?  So in the midst of me stressed out by midterms and deadlines setting aside time with the Lord and stepping away from the stresses for those times lifted such a weight of my shoulder, it really liberated my from my stress (which I do not deal with well)

So often I slip on my responsibility of being real with God, the one person I should long to be real with in the first place! Being real with God is an odd concept because we know that He is omniscient (all knowing!!), so why should we have to dish out our dirty lives constantly. The point however is that we should want to! An honest relationship with God requires   He does not judge our pasts or look at our sin in the way we do, because He conquered that! What an amazing truth that I am reminded of almost daily through the rush of school's insanity. Sometimes during intense bouts of studying I feel like I can't handle it (you know those really bad moments where dropping out and joining the circus seems like your best bet?) through those moments God has reminded me to look at the big picture (His picture), turning to Him for rest and comfort from the stresses we find plaguing our lives. Such an amazing God we have that He can bring us to Him even when we refuse to be real, reminding us of where we are really from. That He is home.

Happy Spring Break! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Romans 12:1-2

Romans 12:1-2
.living a life transformed.