Sunday, August 12, 2012

The (not so little) Brother


This is me and my (not so little) brother, Bobby. This kid and I may be seven years apart but recently I have realized that we are a lot closer than what our age shows. I am so blessed to have him as a little brother and there is so much joy to being his big sister.

When I got back from being gone this summer I was extremely happy to see Bobby. We hopped in the car to go to church that Sunday morning, cranked the music up, and had so much fun arguing over what song to play then singing at the top of our lungs to whatever song came on next. (yes that included "don't stop believing")

 My brother and I most definitely have our differences and times when sibling rivalry reigns supreme but all in all I could never wish for a better kid to call my brother. I have enjoyed hanging out with him a bunch in the lazy days before school starts back and we both get insanely busy in two totally different directions. Here are a few things off the top of my head that I love about my little brother.



-His sense of humor. Bobby and I have a very similar sense of humor and get each other on laughing sprees quite often. I can be in a bad mood and he knows exactly how to get me laughing and always aims to make people around him smile no matter what

-His "its the little things" outlook on life. He is a simple kid and its doesn't take much to make him laugh. Even though he is in middle school he still loves to walk with his arm around my or try to hold my hand. I know that might not last very much longer and I know I should cherish those little moments more than I do.

-His love for God. It is my joy to watch bobby grow in the Lord as he gets older. Recently he and I have connected a lot through music and that is something that God has really used to strengthen His walk. Last week was VBS and bobby acted in some of the drama skits, something he really enjoys doing. We were sitting in my moms office one evening before another night of VBS and he mentioned how it was cool that he got to use something that he loved doing to show other kids Gods love. He really gets it and I love watching him interact with his friends in a way that reflects his walk with Christ and the Gospel in simple yet cool ways. I pray that it continues to stay that way as he gets older and as he grows further in his faith.

Love this kid to pieces! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Romans 12:1-2

Romans 12:1-2
.living a life transformed.